June 13, 2007

Seriously, Folks...

I know that regular readers are not used to posts without sarcasm or irony or a little poke of fun. I have to get serious for a moment.

In our world, with its increasingly self-absorbed society, it might be easy to lose faith in humanity. If you submit to it, another cynic evolves. Each of us has probably witnessed at least 10 acts of selfishness in the past 24 hours. We won't recount them; it's not productive.

The prevalence of insolence makes me value considerate kindness even more. It is humbling to receive.

I have been the recipient of selfless generosity - from family, relatives, friends and friends-of-friends. There are truly no words great enough to express my gratitude for your help in getting me the treatment that I need. Without your support, encouragement, assistance and the occasional respite, this new lease on life would not have come my way.

From what you may term small deeds (your word, not mine) to large bestowals, each made a valued contribution to get me to this point of progress. I am grateful and want you to know that we appreciate it all.

Over the past 12 months, the stamina of our family has been tested many times...repeatedly...at length...ad nauseam...and each time our strength has proven greater than the challenge. We really will do anything for each other.

And we know Sincere and Great people.

Thank you!

Please pass this thank you post on to those who may not read this blog regularly.



Below the line:

My parents took me to Cleveland and all I got was life-saving surgery.

Thank you for being our family.

Michelle's gonna cry.

Summers ahead 3-0.


We now return to our regular programming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all knew if we scrolled down far enough there'd be a joke.
Mrs. Q-M

Christine said...

I kept it all below the line.

Michelle said...

*&^% You know me too well.