November 20, 2006

Editing Clutter

My memory has 3 distinct compartments: Short term, Long term and Sticky-note.

Science proves that every human brain has the first two. The Sticky-note section is where I keep a wide variety of information and sometimes I return to it. It's not a 'To-Do-List', it's actually a scrap of paper, where I've jotted a note and stuck it to the side of my brain like a Post-It note. Today I am clearing up the Post-It clutter.

I started by riffling through the Post-It notes like an animated scene in the margins of a dollar store book. Sometimes, the snippet is no more useful than the guitar riff from My Sharona. It's safe to get rid of it. More stuff like that will end up back there anyway.

Sometimes I just can't decide whether to commit it to the brain, or toss it away. I don't know why I put this stuff on the note in the first place...there's just something about it.

Like this, from Mark Steyn:
On the other hand, to spot the drawbacks in your medical treatment, you first have to be getting some. and
The default mode of any government system is to "control health-care costs" by providing less health care. (National Review, "Talk About Sicko")

Or, from Jeremy:
Would he be more receptive if he was more involved in the process?

Or, this, which I adapted from an Anonymous Poster:
If we just met and you asked me how I was, I'd say "great". If I knew you, I'd say "good" and if you were my best friend I'd tell you I was "o.k." I don't know you, so let me tell you the truth: "I don't feel well."

And potential posts like:
The parallels between my situation and a 1982 Capri (I should probably commit this since it really only appeals to me and Wayne...Done.)
A love-hate relationship with food.
Blog Auditions
Post a better description of the strangle-hold that Time has.

Some quick lines from the weekend:
Do you know you have an IV in your car?
Laundry is like meatloaf. It's a comfort activity.
This isn't about making capital improvements to accommodate TPN for the next 50 years.
The working group is very focused.

'But Gordie, it's a school night.' Wait, that one can go.

Go to No Access to Health Treatment

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you could use a good clean sweep of that brain of yours. On the other hand, look who's talking!

Christine said...

TLC episode of the future: While You Were Out we organized the fragments floating around your mind!

Anonymous said...

On the other hand, to spot the drawbacks in your medical treatment, you first have to be getting some.

Q: What does having sex have to do with your medical treatment?

R

Christine said...

ROTFL.
I've had pieces of that article post-it-ted to my brain and never, ever picked up on that.