May 05, 2008

Garden Variety Spring Games

Spring!
Burrowing animals venture out from their hollows. Sounds of birds chirping welcome each day. The snow is gone; the increasing hours of daylight promise the temperature will continue to rise. The nights are cool (sometimes downright cold), but the bright sun during the day atones for that.

Gardeners eagerly turn the soil in their flower beds to encourage new growth of plants.

Around here, it's time for the Annual Spring Gardening Game that I call
Dead or Alive. Take a look:

Dead
Mostly Dead
Alive
but undesirable

Alive!
One Single Flower


Tags:   

2 comments:

Biddie said...

Your 'dead' photo looks like most of my plants. I try and try, but I am just not a gardener. We do have a wild strawberry patch in our yard (very small,the little animals get more than we do) that I am going to claim as my own.

Christine said...

When I put out strong effort to keep the plants alive, they die. When I don't, I only lose about 1/2 of them...
My neighbor insists there's lots of growth underneath these. I guess we'll see!