January 12, 2007

Knit-Wit

Beth was following up on my knitting progress. She reminded me that I must take time for myself, hence her suggestion to take up knitting. "Stop doing things for other people," she chastised. "You have enough to deal with, already."

Her work is all about the touchy-feely stuff. She commented that I deserved to be well, and I don't disagree, but I was trying to clarify a point.
It would be great if all lives could be lived without any pain. I explained that we must actively manage our responses to the pain. One cannot be consumed by his/her circumstances. That would lead to impotence and despair. "Everyone deserves something, and attitude plays an important role in defining what that thing is," I finished. "So, can I get you something to drink?"

Still need to work on that 'doing-things-for-people' part.
Go ahead, ask me how the knitting's coming along...it's knot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's this for progress?
"Can I get you some wool, or finish that row for you?"
Mrs. Q-M

Anonymous said...

At least they have cures now for impotence.

Christine said...

Likely: I would knit a hat for you!