October 05, 2006

Too Large Fries

Andrew needed some McDonald's® french fries for his science experiment.

I was going to be in the area, so I offered to get the frites and drop them off to him during his lunch period. He has Science during the following period, so it would work out well.

To make sure that Andrew and his friends wouldn't eat the experiment before it began, I decided to pick up 2 large fries: one for consumption, one for investigation.

I took the bag that held my order from the server at the local McDonald's®.
"Are you sure this is right?" I asked her.
She nodded. I thought that the bag was too heavy to contain only fries. I wondered if, perhaps someone had put in a Quarter Pounder® in error. Or a large drink.

I opened the weighty bag to check. Inside: 2 buckets of french fries.

Per 1 Large Fry Order:


Nutrition Facts
Per Serving (177 g)
Amount % Daily Value
Calories 570
Fat 28 g43 %
Saturated 11 g73 %
+ Trans 3.5 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 460 mg19 %
Carbohydrate 71 g24 %
Fibre 5 g20 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 0 %Vitamin C 10 %
Calcium 4 %Iron 15 %


According to their website, McDonald's Canada serves more than 125 million pounds of French fries in one year. We just gave ½ lb to science.


Front Page, Very Random


Other Articles about:

0 comments: