April 29, 2007

Sacrilege

After 3 + years without eating, there is little I miss. I've adapted - gotten used to not eating. I don't feel hunger and that makes it a little easier.

I will confess that there is something I miss:




Now, here I am, on the verge of enjoying food again, and this: the Chocolate Manufacturers Association has a petition in front of the FDA to alter the definition of chocolate.

According to Bloomberg News correspondent Adam Satariano,

They want to make it without the required ingredients of cocoa butter and cocoa solids, using instead artificial sweeteners, milk substitutes, and vegetable fats such as hydrogenated and trans fats.

Thankfully, this has been brought out! Don't Mess With Our Chocolate is a website started by Guittard Chocolate. According to Guittard, the purpose of the site is " to provide information regarding how to get involved in saving the real chocolate that we all love and enjoy."

Concerned consumers from around the world can register their comments on the CMA application. The FDA has extended the comment period until June 25, 2007.

Life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get. Looks like that might be more true than Forrest ever knew.

I'll go ahead and tag this post, but Technorati's been having some technical difficulties.








0 comments: