March 01, 2007

Saying Goodbye

It's been at least 10 years since we first met. I knew in an instant that it was a heaven-sent match.

Over these past few years things have been different. You noticed it too. We've grown apart. Lately when I saw you, I was filled with such guilt that I had passed you by, without a glance.

I warmly remember the comfort you gave, unconditionally. The patience you reminded me to have. And hope. When we were together, it was easy to believe that anything was possible. A hug from you around my waist bestowed upon me great strength.

I will miss you, dear friend. You have provided an abundance of memories. It's time for me to heed the advice from so many and move on.

Today, with sadness, I discarded my favorite jeans in the universe.

I'll be OK.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss (1904-1991)

Tagged at Technorati:     

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashes to ashes.
Denim to dust.

It's never easy to say good-bye.

Christine said...

Thanks for understanding how hard it can be to let go in a 5-pocket world.

Anonymous said...

Chris, I am proud of you. I still have my favorite jeans that I would not let Shan or Michelle te away from me last year. Don't tell them, but sometimes I still wear them....love from Indiana