October 22, 2007

BlogRush Goes to Green

I'd forgotten about BlogRush.

Today, I received this email from John Reese, internet entrepreneur extraordinaire:

Congratulations!
You are receiving this update because your blog has passed our strict
Quality Guidelines and criteria -- we believe you have a high-quality
blog and we are happy you're a member of our network!
Now that I'm in, I went back to check on my stats.

      Your Traffic Today: 54 unique visits
      Your Traffic Last 7 Days: 284


Right now, that's the only data on the BlogRush stats panel, but I can check my referrals through a different analytic tool. I've recorded 8 visits via the BlogRush widget promoting my headline on some other blogs over the past week. I could probably find out the stats since BlogRush launched, but it's not relevant to me. Bottom line: I forgot all about BlogRush, and I still have around 3% CTR.

A month into BlogRush's launch and John Reese's team is still sorting out bugs in the reporting and impression system. Some Probloggers continue to warn their proteges against using the widget, saying it's a bad idea to let your readers discover other blogs.

I don't want to be that protective of my readers.
There are niche blogs, with their pillar posts and corridors of authority; and there's Very Random, a cubbyhole with a hook where I can hang my hat.


Tags:   
  

0 comments: