July 21, 2006

Stonewash in Vogue

Friday. This afternoon I'm putting the second stone-coat on the porch. If I get the second coat on today, then John can apply the sealer on Sunday. I don't feel that great, but if I don't want to be the one to apply the sealer (I don't), the stone has to be finished today. The only catch is that I can't do it until after I take Jessica to work. That's fine. I've run the meds and some fluid, changed into my Huck Finn shorts. I'm good to go.

It's hot. And I'm putting this stone coat down quickly. Like my Mom would say, I was working. Got a good rhythm and pattern to doing it. Risers looks great. Very pleased with how they came out. Just about done. There, done. Stand back to admire. The product was different than I expected, but it looks good.

What's this? Rain? Should be ok. It's barely a sprinkle and the stone coating will be fine as long as it doesn't rain into the porch, i.e. to the south. Not too worried. Putting the tools away, and now it's pouring. It's a deluge and its hammering the door which means it is, in fact, raining into the porch. Towards the south. And the windows are down on the car. And the windows are open in the house. I've got to go around the house in through the sliding door. And back out. I'm soaked.

It's toast. The porch is washed out. The risers? Don't even ask. Darn it! Darn it! Darn it! Fifteen minutes and the rain is done, the sun is out. I'll see what it looks like after it dries. Maybe stonewash is making a comeback.

Home to Very Random

Go to No Access to Health Treatment

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Hahahaha

5:40 PM