January 19, 2007

No Laughing Matter

I like laughter.

Not giggles, but cracking up. I mean cachinnations that make you cry, or snort or shake, or make your cheeks hurt or all of the above.

I've heard someone laugh so hard she doesn't make a real noise. She can't catch her breath and all that you hear is machine gun-like gasps of 'aeh-aeh-aeh-aeh-aeh'. I've seen it happen that by the time a laugh-er settles down, he can't even remember what was so funny in the first place. And then, when he does remember, it doesn't seem so funny at all anymore.

It's probably safe to say we all have a 'laughed so hard that...' tale. Maybe you, or someone you know spit out his drink; had grape juice come out of her nose; made himself sick. (Food out the nose outdoes run-of-the-mill incontinence).



I have never seen someone laugh
so hard that THIS happens.




"We don't stop laughing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop laughing” - Michael Pritchard

If every word I said could make you laugh, I'd talk forever.
Laughing at the dinner table can be painful.
It's all fun and games until someone swallows a spoon.

0 comments: